- Using Generic Zantac may increase your risk of developing pneumonia. Symptoms of pneumonia include chest pain, fever, feeling short of breath, and coughing up green or yellow mucus.
- Talk with your doctor about your specific risk of developing pneumonia.
- Do not use this medication if you are allergic to this medication.
- Ask a doctor or pharmacist if it is safe for you to take this medicine if you have kidney disease, liver disease, or porphyria.
- Heartburn is often confused with the first symptoms of a heart attack.
- Seek emergency medical attention if you have chest pain or heavy feeling, pain spreading to the arm or shoulder, nausea, sweating, and a general ill feeling.
- Generic Zantac granules and effervescent tablets must be dissolved in water before you take them.