- You should not take Antivert if you are allergic to meclizine.
- Before taking Antivert, tell your doctor if you have asthma or other breathing disorder, glaucoma, an enlarged prostate, or problems with urination.
- Do not give this medication to a child younger than 12 years old. Antivert can cause side effects that may impair your thinking or reactions.
- Be careful if you drive or do anything that requires you to be awake and alert. Avoid drinking alcohol. It can increase some of the side effects of Antivert.
- Cold or allergy medicine, narcotic pain medicine, sleeping pills, muscle relaxers, and medicine for seizures, depression or anxiety can add to sleepiness caused by Antivert. Avoid taking these other medications at the same time you take Antivert.
- Use Antivert exactly as directed on the label, or as prescribed by your doctor. Do not use it in larger amounts or for longer than recommended.