- This drug is most useful if started at least 1 to 3 hours before your child comes in contact with the allergen.
- Give Generic Loratadine at the same time of day.
- Give this drug with or without food. Give with food if it causes an upset stomach.
- There is a liquid (syrup) if your child cannot swallow pills.
- Children who have feeding tubes may also use the liquid. Flush the feeding tube before and after this drug is given.
- Measure liquid doses carefully. Use the measuring device that comes with generic Loratadine. If there is none, get an oral syringe, a dropper, a spoon, or a cup (only for older children) from your pharmacist.
- Place on your child's tongue and let it melt. Water is not needed. Do not let your child swallow it whole. Do not let your child chew, break, or crush it. Oral-disintegrating tablet.