- Take Generic Benicar by mouth as recommended by your physician. Follow all dosage directions as advised.
- Generally, you should take this high blood pressure medication once a day with or without food.
- Your doctor will recommend you a specific dose based on your condition and response to the drug.
- If you are taking medications for hypercholesterolemia, take Generic Benicar four to five hours prior to taking cholesterol-lowering (statin) medications.
- It is crucial to use the medication regularly to get the most out of it. Make sure you take the dose at the same time every day.
- Continue taking this high blood pressure medication even if you feel well and have no symptoms. Most people need to take it for life to manage high blood pressure.
- Seek medical help if your blood pressure does not stay within the normal range even after using Generic Benicar.